- The musical ceremony provides an insight into spiritualism among the Mawlawi Order
- Be captivated as the semazens dance and chant their way around the stage
- See an extraordinary dance show that dates back 800 years
- Watch the miraculous whirling dervishes
- Pick up time varies based on the season. Pick up time for the winter season is 17:00 and for the summer season is 20:00. We will inform you about your exact pickup time, one day before the show.
- Cappadocia Hotels – Free Transfer from Goreme, Urgup, Avanos, Uchisar, Cavusin, Nevsehir, Kaymakli, Ibrahimpasa, Mustafapasa, and Ayvali Hotels.
- Free Hotel Transfer
- Entrance Fee
- Personal Spendings
- Bring your camera and your smile, You will be full of peace.
- This tour can be booked minimum 14 hours before the tour departure time. If you would like to make a last minute booking, please contact us via enquiry form.
Enjoy a truly spectacular Dervishes Ceremony while in Cappadocia and learn their tradition and the culture. The Dervishes Ceremony is a spiritual and religious show which represents through dancing and acting the main features of Dervishes’ beliefs. Enjoy the show in a relaxing and quiet atmosphere and get to know the main highlights of Dervishes and their dances.
Dervish Ceremony in Cappadocia
Pick Up: Cappadocia Dervishes Ceremony takes place during the evening. Depending on the scheduled time of the ceremony, a modern, comfortable and fully air conditioned vehicle will pick you up from your hotel. The car will drive you towards the location where the show takes place.
Dervishes: This spectacular ceremony is a great opportunity to learn some interesting information about the Dervishes and their lifestyle. In fact, Dervishes are Sufi Muslims Ascetics who are known for their strict lifestyle which is sometimes close to poverty due to the high austerity they impose to themselves. Their ultimate goal in life is to persuade through their physical activity a closer connection with the God and set the body and mind free by deserting their ego. In folklore tradition, it is commonly believed that Dervishes acquire superpowers and are able to do miracles. Dervishes have advanced spiritual and physical capabilities and undergo through an intense training in order to conduct the ceremony.
Circling of Veled Dance: Dervishes proceed to the ceremony wearing a cloak that symbolizes the grave and a hat which symbolized the gravestone. The ceremony starts with a prayer and then, the head of the Dervishes, indicates the points where the Dervishes should be during their performance. What follows is the infamous Circling of Veled dance. At this phase you will be thrilled by the charming atmosphere and the whole performance. The whole ceremony process is an actual representation of the stages that Dervishes go through in order to reach their ultimate goal, which is to reach the God. At a point, the Dervishes will start to gradually remove their cloak as a symbolization of the resurrection from the grave. The whole atmosphere will be so mystical so get ready to relax and enjoy the show.
Return: When the Cappadocia Dervishes Ceremony is over, a vehicle will be waiting for you. This amazing excursion end by the time you arrive back at your hotel. By that moment, you will be feeling amazed and relaxed by the show. Cappadocia Dervishes Ceremony will surely be a unique and memorable moment from your holidays.